If you are one of those individuals who are asking yourself, "What can I do?" you're in the right place. Below, I have listed several things that anyone can do very easily, and further, on down the list, I have added some very specific things that can be done for me and my family.
1. Please be in prayer for me and my family.
2. Don't be weird about it. I say that in a joking way, but seriously, don't be weird about it. I have cancer. It's not contagious.
3. Don't come to tell me what God is going to do. You're not God. It could be His will that this cancer takes my life. I doubt it but don't speak for God. Just go read Jeremiah 28. At the same time, encouragement is a wonderful thing when it comes from God's Word.
4. If you are someone who can step up and take on responsibility at church, come let me know. I'm going to have times when I have to be away for a week or so. I'll need people I can lean on in those times.
5. I need community and I love spending time with people. If you have some time free and are willing to just stop by the office and talk over a cup of coffee, then come on by.
6. If you want to buy me a coffee, I like the Snickerdoodle Hot Coffee from No. 9 Coffee Co. in Leadington or the Vanilla Jackson from Coljac's in Farmington or Desloge.
7. If you're still reading, I might as well tell you about how my recent studies have shown that riding a motorcycle greatly increases my joy, which has got to be good for fighting cancer. Harley Davidson Roadster in Performance Orange please. :)